Cboe reported Options ADV were up 7% MoM, Futures ADV were also up 23.6% MoM. US Equities ADV fell 15% MoM and Global FX ADNV dropped 4.4% MoM compared to July.
Cboe Futures ADV volumes up by 24% MoM for August
Cboe’s August highlights include:
- Each of Cboe Global Markets’ four options exchanges saw increase in ADV from July 2020: Cboe Options up 3%, Cboe C2 up 28%, Cboe BZX up 8% and Cboe EDGX up 9%.
- ADV at C2, BZX and EDGX Options Exchanges was up from August 2019: C2 up 28%, BZX up 27% and EDGX up 124%.
- ADV at Cboe EDGX Equities Exchange was up 67% from August 2019.
- Mini Cboe Volatility Index (Mini VIX) futures total volume has surpassed 735,271 contracts with an ADV of 45,954 contracts since launch on 9 August.
- On 27 August 27, daily trading in Mini VIX futures reached 117,814 contracts, exceeding the 100,000-contract mark for the first time.