LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Singapore Exchange Limited (SGX:S68) has earlier today posted its operating metrics for October 2015, with Forex volumes staging a decent rise in annual and monthly terms, underpinned by robust trading in INR/USD futures.
In October 2015, total FX Futures volume was 475,887 contracts, up 2% from the result recorded in September 2015 and up massive 410% from October 2014.
The volume of SGX INR/USD Futures, which traditionally account for the bulk of the Forex turnover, was 449,792 contracts in October 2015, up 6% from September 2015 and up 487% from October 2014 levels.
Below is the full data.
- Total securities market turnover value grew 3% month on month and 6% year on year to $23.1 billion, during 22 trading days compared to 21 in October 2014.
- Securities daily average value (SDAV) fell 7% month on month and increased 1% year on year to $1.0 billion.
- Market turnover value of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) was $270 million, up 19% month on month and 30% year on year.
- There were 22 new bond listings, raising $13 billion.
- Total market capitalisation value of 769 listed companies stood at $930.6 billion as at end October 2015.
- Total Derivatives volume was 11.3 million, down 19% month on month and up 6% year on year.
- Equity Index Futures volume was 9.7 million, down 20% month on month and flat year on year.
- FTSE China A50 Index Futures remained the most active contract with volume of 4.6 million, down 21% month on month and up 46% year on year.
- SGX CNX Nifty Index Futures volume was 1.6 million, down 12% month on month and up 2% year on year.
- Nikkei 225 Index Futures volume was 1.8 million, down 35% month on month and 39% year on year.
- MSCI India Index Futures volume was 65,490, up 16% month on month and up from 253 contracts a year earlier.
- Total FX Futures volume was 475,887, up 2% month on month and 410% year on year.
- SGX INR/USD Futures volume was 449,792, up 6% month on month and 487% year on year, and remained the key driver of total FX volume growth.
- SGX USD/CNH Futures volume was 20,793, down 41% month on month and up 170% year on year.
- Volume of OTC SGD Interest Rate Swaps was $7.5 billion, down 4% month on month and 85% year on year.
- SGX Commodities Derivatives volume was 772,829, down 20% month on month and up 83% year on year.
- Iron Ore Derivatives volume was 686,456, down 22% month on month and up 107% year on year.
- Forward Freight Derivatives volume was 27,649, down 17% month on month and up 387% year on year.
- SICOM Rubber Futures volume, the world’s price benchmark for physical rubber, was 56,199, up 20% month on month and down 24% year on year.
You can view the full report by clicking here.
Latest research from Maria Nikolova (see all)
- TradingView adds one-click alerts and orders - May 19, 2016
- ICE to bring new funds rate futures contract to market in late 2016 - May 19, 2016
- LCH’s SwapClear compresses more than $1 quadrillion of cleared notional - May 19, 2016
- Darwinex launches new feature allowing traders to hide strategies - May 19, 2016