Singapore Exchange Limited (SGX:S68) today reported its operating metrics for February 2016 , with Forex futures volumes continuing to rise albeit at a slower pace than during January 2016.
In February 2016, the FX futures volume at SGX was 552,423 contracts, up 6% from January 2016 levels. The annual comparison was more impressive, as the February 2016 reading was up 166% from the February 2015 reading.
The result apparently reflected a continued growth in Indian rupee trading volumes. The Chinese yuan futures volumes kept falling but could not offset the overall strong performance of the Forex segment.
You can view the detailed metrics below.
- Total Securities market turnover value was up 4% month on month and up 14% year on year to S$24.1 billion.
- Securities daily average value (SDAV) increased 10% month on month and increased 8% year on year to S$1.3 billion.
- Market turnover value of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) was S$209 million, down 24% month on month and up 7% year on year.
- There were 17 new bond listings, raising S$3.7 billion.
- Total market capitalisation value of 771 listed securities stood at S$872 billion as at end February 2016.
- Total Derivatives volume was 13.9 million, down 22% month on month and up 43% year on year.
- Equity Index Futures volume was 11.6 million, down 25% month on month and up 37% year on year.
- FTSE China A50 Index Futures remained the most active contract with volume of 5.6 million, down 31% month on month and up 47% year on year.
- SGX CNX Nifty Index Futures volume was 1.8 million, up 2% month on month and flat from the preceding year.
- Nikkei 225 Index Futures volume was 2.5 million, down 18% month on month and up 60% year on year.
- MSCI India Index Futures volume was 19,899, up 25% month on month and up 242% from 5,821 contracts a year earlier.
- Total FX Futures volume was 552,423, up 6% month on month and up 166% year on year.
- SGX INR/USD Futures volume was 522,043, up 13% month on month and up 179% year on year.
- SGX USD/CNH Futures volume was 22,552, down 43% month on month and 420% year on year.
- Volume of cleared OTC SGD Interest Rate Swaps was S$10.5 billion, down 34% month on month and up 8% year on year.
- SGX Commodities Derivatives volume was 1.2 million, down 6% month on month and up 194% year on year.
- Iron Ore Derivatives volume was 1.1 million, down 5% month on month and up 234% year on year.
- Forward Freight Derivatives volume was 40,113, down 14% month on month and up 322% year on year.
- SICOM Rubber Futures volume, the world’s price benchmark for physical rubber, was 58,470, down 19% month on month and up 10% year on year.
For the official press release from SGX, click here.