LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Users of NinjaTrader, the platform for trading futures, Forex, CFDs and stocks, have been informed of a mandatory update they should perform before February 27, 2016.
The procedure is necessary because NinjaTrader is required to change an SSL certificate that is used in validating traders’ license. All users must update to the latest release of the platform. In case they fail to do so, service would be disrupted. All workspaces, NinjaScript files, and other user settings will be maintained.
NinjaTrader 7 Update Instructions
- First, traders have to close NinjaTrader 7, in case it is currently running. An attempt to update the platform before closing it will require a complete uninstall/reinstall.
- Then, traders have to download NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.31
- Then, follow the steps of the install process & complete to resume using NinjaTrader.
NinjaTrader 8 Update Instructions
- For starters, traders have to close NinjaTrader 8. if it is currently running.
- Then, traders have to download NinjaTrader 188.8.131.52.
- Then follow the instructions of the install process & complete to resume using NinjaTrader.
As we have mentioned NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8, let’s say something about these versions of the platform.
NinjaTrader 7 contains numerous enhancements, ranging from performance improvements, such as optimized processing of streaming/real-time events, to general enhancements, such as the addition of support for fundamental data. Regarding the 7.0.1000.31 release, let’s mention that, inter alia, it introduces several fixes for the ‘Getting Started’ window which is displayed for new users.
NinjaTrader Version 184.108.40.206 is still Beta. The release contains more than 100 bug fixes.
You can view the announcement about the update (with detailed instructions) by clicking here.