LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
MetaQuotes Software, the developer of the famous MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5) trading platforms, has announced the pending release of a new build of MT4 on Thursday, October 22, 2015.
The new build (900) introduces a series of improvements, including various fixes, as well as the addition of class templates in MQL4. The latest version of MT4 is also set to optimize memory use.
Below is a summary of the enhancements in MT4 Build 900:
- Terminal: Fixed changing a password for an inactive (unconnected) account.
- Terminal: Optimized use and release of memory when working with large amounts of historical data.
- Terminal: Fixed and optimized working with a large number of news categories.
- Signals: Fixed unsubscribing from signals via the Navigator window context menu.
- MQL4: Added class templates allowing you to create parametrized classes like in C++. This enables even greater abstraction and ability to use the same code for working with objects of different classes in a uniform manner.
- MQL4: Fixed memory reallocation in the ArrayCopy function that could occasionally cause crashes of MQL4 programs.
- Tester: Fixed an error that occasionally caused nulling of the variables declared on the global level after testing an indicator.
- Tester: Fixed testing when connection to a trade server is lost.
- MetaEditor: Fixed defining a function name in MetaAssist in the presence of type casting.
- MetaEditor: Fixed opening large files.
- MetaEditor: Added an F hotkey to call the search function from the Code Base tab, as well as multiple tips in the status bar for the commands for working with a code: increasing/decreasing indentation, navigation, case shift, etc.
- Fixed errors reported in crash logs.
To view the announcement about the new MT4 build on the MQL4 forum, click here.