LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The Moscow Exchange Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held in late April 2015, and will include include the election of a new Supervisory Board comprising 15 directors.
The Supervisory Board will set the date and the full agenda of the AGM at a meeting in the beginning of March. From 1 January to 1 March 2015, shareholders owning at least 2% of Moscow Exchange shares are eligible to nominate candidates for the new Supervisory Board.
In line with best practice in corporate governance, the Nomination and Remuneration Commission of the Moscow Exchange Supervisory Board considered the mix of experience and skills, as well as the reputation and independence criteria of potential candidates, and has recommended that shareholders nominate and elect the following candidates to the Board:
- Nicola Jane Beattie, Senior Executive Director, NBXC, non-executive director;
- Mikhail Bratanov, Head of Societe Generale Securities Services for Russia and CIS, Head of Depository Department at Rosbank, independent director;
- Wang Yuan, independent director;
- Sean Glodek, Director, Russian Direct Investment Fund, non-executive director;
- Andrey Golikov, Board of Directors Co-Chairman, National Securities Market Association, non-executive director;
- Valery Goreglyad, Chief Auditor, Bank of Russia, non-executive director;
- Yury Denisov, Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board, National Clearing Center, non-executive director;
- Bella Zlatkis, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board, Sberbank, non-executive director;
- Anatoly Karachinsky, President, IBS Group, independent director;
- Alexey Kudrin, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Moscow Exchange, non-executive director;
- Sergei Lykov, Executive Board Deputy Chairman, Vnesheconombank (VEB), non-executive director;
- Rainer Riess, independent director;
- Andrey Sharonov, Dean of the Moscow School of Management Skolkovo, independent director;
- Kirill Shershun, Executive Board First Deputy Chairman, CentroCredit, non-executive director;
- Alexander Afanasiev, CEO, Executive Board Chairman, Moscow Exchange.
Of the 15 candidates recommended, five are considered independent in accordance with the Moscow Exchange listing rules and the current corporate governance code.
Andrey Sharonov, Dean of the Moscow School of Management Skolkovo, has been recommended for nomination to the Supervisory Board for the first time. Other candidates are current Board members.