LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The Financial Futures Association of Japan (FFAJ) has earlier today posted the monthly operating metrics of its members that offer Forex and binary options trading over the counter for December 2015.
The Forex and binary options segments both showed significant increases in trading volumes last month, with Forex volumes staging a rise of 18% from November 2015 levels and binary options volumes marking a rise of 25.9%.
As usual, we kick off the review of the metrics with the OTC Forex data.
- A total of 53 members of FFAJ filed their OTC Forex reports for December 2015 with the regulator, a number that is unchanged from November 2015.
- The data showed that their OTC retail Forex margin trading volumes amounted to JPY 355 trillion ($3.03 trillion), up 18% from the result of 300.67 trillion registered in November 2015.
- The steepest month-on-month increase (+181%) in trading volumes was registered by ZAR/JPY. The top three most traded currency pairs for December 2015 includes USD/JPY, EUR/USD and AUD/JPY.
And now let’s take a look at the binary options statistics for December 2015.
- A total of 8 members of FFAJ reported data about their OTC binary options trading volumes for last month – the same number as in November 2015.
- Binary options trading volumes amounted to JPY 48.1 billion, up 25.9% from the result of JPY 38.2 billion seen in November 2015.
- Trading payment rose in monthly terms too. It amounted to JPY 21.5 billion, up 10.8% from 19.4 billion in November 2015.
- The number of active accounts also brought a piece of positive news, as this number reached 13,293 last month, up from 12,799 at the end of November 2015.
You can download the full Forex report for December 2015 by clicking here.
You can download the full binary options report for December 2015 by clicking here.