LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The Financial Futures Association of Japan (FFAJ) has just published the monthly operating metrics of its members that offer Forex and binary options trading over the counter for April 2016.
And although the drop in FX volumes lost pace, the decrease in binary options volumes remained substantial.
As usual, we first take a look at the Forex volumes.
- A total of 52 FFAJ members submitted their OTC Forex reports for April 2016, down from 53 FFAJ members that filed such reports in March 2016.
- The data showed that their OTC retail Forex margin trading volumes amounted to JPY 416.4 trillion ($3.82 trillion) in April 2016, down 5.3% from the reading for March 2016.
- All currency pairs, apart from ZAR/JPY, registered month-on-month drops in trading volumes, with the steepest decline in volumes (-35.7%) seen by EUR/USD.
And now let’s examine the binary options statistics for April 2016.
- A total of 8 FFAJ members published data about their OTC binary options trading volumes for April 2016, the same number as in March 2016.
- Binary options trading volumes amounted to JPY 36.49 billion in April 2016, down 9.6% from the result of JPY 40.36 billion reported for March 2016. In annual terms, the decline was more pronounced as the reading for April 2016 was down 12.4% from the result of JPY 41.63 billion registered in April 2015.
- Trading payment fell 20.4% on a monthly basis to JPY 14.76 billion.
- In April 2016, the number of active accounts fell slightly to 12,225, compared with 12,786 in March 2016.
You can view the full FX report by clicking here.
You can view the full binary options report by clicking here.