LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The Financial Futures Association of Japan (FFAJ) has just published the monthly operating metrics of its members that offer Forex and binary options trading over the counter for February 2016.
While OTC Forex volumes had another strong month, binary options volumes staged a double-digit drop on a monthly basis.
As usual, we first examine the OTC Forex data.
- A total of 53 FFAJ members submitted their OTC Forex reports for February 2016, a number that is unchanged from the preceding month.
- The data showed that their OTC retail Forex margin trading volumes amounted to JPY 593.9 trillion ($5.22 trillion), up 11.8% from January 2016 levels.
- The steepest month-on-month increase in trading volumes was registered by GBP/USD (+34%).
- The three most traded currency pairs remained the same as in January 2016: USD/JPY, AUD/JPY and GBP/JPY.
And now let’s take a look at the binary options statistics for February 2016.
- A total of 8 FFAJ members published data about their OTC binary options trading volumes for February 2016, the same number as in January 2016.
- Binary options trading volumes amounted to JPY 51.65 billion in February 2016, down 16.8% from the result of JPY 62.06 billion registered in January 2016. In annual terms, the comparison was better, as the February 2016 volumes were 21.4% from the result registered in February 2015.
- Trading payment fell in monthly terms. It totalled JPY 19.28 billion in February 2016, down 14.4% from the result of JPY 22.52 billion registered in January 2016.
- The number of active accounts was roughly unchanged at 13,656.
You can download the full Forex report by clicking here.
You can download the full binary options report by clicking here.