LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The Financial Futures Association of Japan (FFAJ) has just published the monthly operating metrics of its members that offer Forex and binary options trading over the counter for January 2016.
The Forex and binary options volumes both staged significant increases in trading volumes on a monthly basis, with Forex volumes marking a rise of 49.9% from December 2015 levels and binary options volumes staging a rise of 29%.
As usual, we first pay attention to the OTC Forex data.
- A total of 53 FFAJ members submitted their OTC Forex reports for January 2016, a number that is unchanged from December 2015.
- The data showed that their OTC retail Forex margin trading volumes amounted to JPY 532.3 trillion ($4.67 trillion), up 49.49% from the result of JPY 355 trillion registered in December 2015.
- The steepest month-on-month increase (+132%) in trading volumes was registered by AUD/JPY.
- The three most traded currency pairs for January 2016 are USD/JPY, AUD/JPY and GBP/JPY.
And now let’s examine the binary options statistics for January 2016.
- A total of 8 FFAJ members published data about their OTC binary options trading volumes for the first month of the new year– the number is unchanged from December 2015.
- Binary options trading volumes amounted to JPY 62.06 billion, up 29% from the level of JPY 48.1 billion registered in December 2015 and down 15.2% from the level registered in January 2015.
- Trading payment also increased in monthly terms. It amounted to JPY 22.52 billion, up 4.9% from JPY 21.5 billion seen in December 2015.
- The number of active accounts also delivered a bit of positive news, as this number reached 13,703 last month, up from 13,293 in December 2015.
You can download the full Forex report by clicking here.
You can download the full binary options report by clicking here.