Earlier today, the Futures Financial Association of Japan (FFAJ) published the monthly operating metrics of its members that offer Forex and binary options trading over the counter for October 2015.
The Forex and binary options segments displayed pronounced decreases in trading volumes last month, with Forex volumes dropping by 31.1% from September 2015 levels and binary options volumes sliding 3%.
As usual, we kick off the review of the metrics with the OTC Forex data.
- A total of 53 members of FFAJ filed their OTC Forex reports for October 2015 with the regulator. That is lower than in September, when 55 companies submitted their reports.
- The data showed that their OTC retail Forex margin trading volumes amounted to JPY 377.4 trillion ($3.08 trillion) in October 2015, down 31.1% from the result of JPY 547.8 trillion recorded in September 2015.
- The three most traded currency pairs remained the same as in September: USD/JPY, AUD/JPY and EUR/USD. The steepest rise in trading volumes was registered by CAD/JPY (+15.6%).
And now let’s take a look at the binary options statistics for October 2015.
- A total of 8 members of FFAJ reported data about their OTC binary options trading volumes for last month – the same number as in September 2015.
- Binary options trading volumes amounted to JPY 44.59 billion in October 2015, down 3% from the result of JPY 45.97 billion recorded in September 2015 and down 22.2% from levels registered in October 2014.
- On the brighter side, trading payment increased markedly in monthly terms. It amounted to JPY 21.92 billion in October 2015, up 17% from the result registered in September 2015.
- The number of active accounts staged a drop in monthly terms, amounting to 13,527 at the end of October 2015, down from 14,198 at the end of September 2015.
To download the report on OTC Forex volumes for October 2015, click here.
To download the report on binary options volumes for October 2015, click here.