LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The Financial Futures Association of Japan (FFAJ) has just published the monthly operating metrics of its members that offer Forex and binary options trading over the counter for March 2016.
In tune with what the FX industry has displayed thus far, OTC FX and binary options trading volumes showed a well-pronounced decline last month.
As usual, we’ll first take a look at the OTC Forex data.
- A total of 53 FFAJ members submitted their OTC Forex reports for March 2016, a number that is unchanged from the preceding month.
- The data showed that their OTC retail Forex margin trading volumes amounted to JPY 439.8 trillion ($4.03 trillion), down 26% from February 2016 levels.
- The steepest month-on-month drop in trading volumes was registered by the USD/JPY pair, whereas the steepest increase in trading volumes was registered by the EUR/USD pair.
- The three most traded currency pairs remained the same as in February 2016: USD/JPY, AUD/JPY and GBP/JPY.
And now let’s take a look at the binary options statistics for March 2016.
- A total of 8 FFAJ members published data about their OTC binary options trading volumes for March 2016, the same number as in February 2016.
- Binary options trading volumes amounted to JPY 40.36 billion in March 2016, down 21.9% from the result recorded in February 2016, which also saw a drop in binary options volumes. In annual terms, the drop was bigger at 28.8%.
- Trading payment fell 3.6% in monthly terms to JPY 18.6 billion.
- In March 2016, the number of active accounts fell to 12,786, compared with 13,656 in February 2016.
For the full FX report, click here.
For the full binary options report, click here.