Just reported was CME Group Inc (NASDAQ: CME) FX options metrics for December 2015, FX Options ADV reported in at 72,183, -9% YoY, Open Interest stands at 579,109 contracts. Noteworthy in the report, CME set a record in 2015 with FX options ADV up 23% from 2014 and with 96% of FX options now traded electronically.
Weekly FX American-Style Options Metrics
FX Weekly Options can be used to hedge risk around specific market events, such as Fed updates, employment reports, and other economic events.
• 2015 ADV: 15,440 weekly options traded daily in 2015, +13% YoY
• December ADV: 15,780 weekly options traded daily in December, -16% YoY,
– EUR weekly: 8,511 ADV, -11% YoY
– GBP weekly: 1,112 ADV, -58% YoY
– JPY weekly: 2,843 ADV, -4% YoY
– CAD weekly: 2,219 ADV, +47% YoY
– AUD weekly: 1,006 ADV, -40% YoY
– CHF weekly: 89 ADV,-81% YoY
Weakness in the Canadian dollar saw volumes boosted in CAD weekly option volume for December.
To view the full report with FX and other asset classes, click here.