Multi-asset execution and order management systems company FlexTrade has just announced that it has launched a new Back-Testing framework designed to gauge and adjust the performance of past trading strategies for real-time use in trading equities, FX and futures.
Just because a trading strategy worked successfully in the past, doesn’t mean it will show the same results in the present,” commented Vijay Kedia, President and CEO of FlexTrade. “There are countless variables – old and new — that could impact performance in unanticipated ways. That’s why using an advanced back-testing framework can make all the difference in running a winning strategy.
Available via the FlexTRADER EMS and FlexTrade’s order management solution, FlexOMS, the Back-Testing framework includes:
- A fast framework designed to allow traders to test an unlimited number of financial instruments in parallel;
- Testing for single security, cross asset, multi-leg and portfolio-based trading strategies;
- A flexible fill simulation module for traders to tailor the exchange simulation logic to their target market;
- The ability to replay past orders alongside market data and track the algo performance under various market conditions;
- The ability to replay Top-of-Book and Depth-of-Book Market Data.
According to Kedia, the speed in which the Back-Testing replay occurs is quite extraordinary.
One day’s worth of data can be back-tested in less than 30 seconds, while a full year’s worth of data can be back-tested in less than a day,” he said. “It’s revolutionary in scope and simplifies the trading strategy development for the trader into a three-step process: first, build your strategy; second, test against past performance factors and adjust; and lastly, deploy.