LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
London Stock Exchange announced that it today welcomes En+ Group, an international vertically integrated aluminium and power producer with core assets located in Russia, to its Main Market. The company raised $1.5 billion from the sale of new and existing shares to international investors, valuing the company at $8 billion.
En+ Group is the largest Russian IPO globally since 2012, reinforcing London Stock Exchange’s status as the partner of choice for international Russian fundraising and the City’s status as the most international financial centre.
To celebrate the listing, Xavier Rolet, CEO, London Stock Exchange Group welcomed Lord Barker, Chairman, En+ Group, Maxim Sokov, CEO, En+ Group, Andrey Yashchenko, CFO, En+ Group and His Excellency Alexander Yakovenko, Ambassador of Russia to the United Kingdom, to London Stock Exchange today to open trading.
Maxim Sokov, CEO, En+ Group:
We are delighted to list En+ Group on the London Stock Exchange, the largest initial public offering by a Russian company since 2012, the first IPO by a Russian company in London since 2014, and one of the largest IPOs in London this year.
London Stock Exchange’s deep metals and power expertise and long experience of working with Russian issuers make London an ideal capital-raising destination for En+ Group. We are very pleased with the level of investor interest that we continue to receive. I would like to welcome all new shareholders who join us at this exciting stage of En+ Group’s growth story.
Xavier Rolet, CEO of London Stock Exchange Group:
We warmly congratulate Mr Sokov and his management team on their successful IPO today. Welcoming En+ Group to London Stock Exchange is a significant milestone which underlines the City’s position as the leading global listing venue for international companies and investors’ appetite for Russian issuers. With 100 Russian and CIS businesses listed and traded on London’s markets, with a total capitalisation of over $550 billion, London is a strong partner to Russian companies seeking access to global investor capital, as well as an open and dynamic place to do business.
London Stock Exchange has a strong record in funding the growth of Russian, CIS and mining issuers, as well as supporting companies across the Belt and Road to access international capital.
- 100 Russian and CIS companies are listed and traded on London’s market with a total market capitalisation of approximately over $550 billion
- En+ Group is the second Russian issuer to list in London in 2017, joining Russian gold producer, Polyus, which raised $879 million in July
- Russian and CIS businesses have collectively raised over $200 billion in equity and debt in London since 2004
- London Stock Exchange is home to over 200 metals and power companies with a total value of over $500 million
- More than 290 companies across the Belt and Road are listed in London and account for $995 billion in aggregate market capitalization and $98 billion raised, covering over 30 sectors