LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Moscow Exchange (MOEX) has just announced that it will hold its AGM in late April 2018. The Supervisory Board will set the date of and full agenda for the AGM in early March. The agenda will include the election of a new Supervisory Board comprising 12 directors. Shareholders owning at least 2% of Moscow Exchange shares may nominate candidates for the new Supervisory Board until March 1.
In line with best practice in corporate governance, the Supervisory Board’s Nomination and Remuneration Committee has considered the mix of experience and skills of potential candidates, as well as their reputation and independence criteria, and recommends that shareholders nominate and elect the following candidates to the Board:
- Mikhail Bratanov, Head of Société Generale Securities Services in Russia and CIS, Head of Securities Services Department at Rosbank, independent candidate.
- Anatoly Braverman, First Deputy CEO at Russian Direct Investment Fund, non-executive director.
- Yury Denisov, Chairman of the Supervisory Board at National Clearing Center, non-executive director.
- Andrey Golikov, Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board at Moscow Exchange, non-executive director.
- Maria Gordon, Independent Director at ALROSA, independent director.
- Valery Goreglyad, Chief Auditor at Bank of Russia, non-executive director.
- Bella Zlatkis, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board at Sberbank, non-executive director.
- Anatoly Karachinsky, President at IBS Group, independent director.
- Alexander Izosimov, Independent Director at ALROSA, independent candidate.
- Duncan Paterson, Non-Еxecutive Chairman at GH Financials Limited, independent director.
- Rainer Riess, Director General at the Federation of European Securities Exchanges AISBL, independent director.
- Oleg Viyugin, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the National Association of Securities Market Participants (NAUFOR), independent director.
Seven of the 12 recommended candidates are considered independent, more than required by the Moscow Exchange listing rules and more than is recommended by the Corporate Governance Code approved by the Bank of Russia.
Alexander Izosimov, an independent сandidate, is recommended for nomination to the Supervisory Board for the first time. Mikhail Bratanov, an independent сandidate, was a member of the Board from 2011 to 2016. Other candidates are current Board members.