LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The Moscow Exchange (MOEX) released its February market report with ADV down 2% MoM.
The trading volume of stocks totalled RUB 662 bn in February. The average daily trading volume was RUB 34.9 bln, down 2% MoM. The T+2 sector made up 99.7% of the total secondary market trading volume and the T0 sector accounted for 0.3%.
The MICEX Index was down 8% MoM to 2,035.77 at the end of February from 2,217.39 at the end of January. The dollardenominated RTS Index was down 6% to 1,099.46 from 1,164.15. The cash equity market’s capitalisation depreciated 5% to USD 610.8 bln from USD 640.9 bln.
Monthly changes in blue chips’ closing prices
The following blue chips were down in February:
- Rosneft ords, by 17.3% (to RUB 331.1 per share),
- Gazprom ords, by 10.5% (to RUB 153.5 per share),
- Sberbank ords, by 9.4% (to RUB 156 per share),
- Surgutneftegas ords, by 9.1% (to RUB 29.4 per share),
- Lukoil ords, by 8.4% (to RUB 3,086 per share),
- Federal Grid Company ords, by 7.9% (to RUB 0.214 per share),
- Rostelecom ords, by 6.5% (to RUB 78.06 per share),
- Polyus Gold ords, by 4.3% (to RUB 4,450 per share),
- VTB Bank ords, by 4.2% (to RUB 0.066 per share) and
- Norilsk Nickel ords, by 3.3% (to RUB 9,311 per share).
Monthly best sellers
This month’s most traded stocks were Sberbank ords (SBER) with a turnover of RUB 137.9 bln (21% of the total), followed by Gazprom (GAZP) with RUB 91.6 bln (14%), Lukoil (LKOH) with RUB 41.5 bln (6%), Norilsk Nickel (GMKN) with RUB 37.5 bln (6%) and Rosneft (ROSN) with RUB 35.1 bln (5%).
Other securities’ turnover totalled RUB 318.7 bln (48% of the total trading volume).
For the complete February report, click here.