LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Swiss bank and FX broker Dukascopy Bank has published its financial report for the first six months of 2015, with the metrics feeling the positive impact of robust business volumes and market volatility. The company marked a record total income for the period and noted that the solid numbers confirm the rightness of its strategy that helped it outweigh the effects of the events on January 15, 2015.
Highlights for the six months to June 30, 2015, include:
- Total income of CHF 17 million ($17.46 million), up 52% than a year earlier.
- Gross profit hit CHF 5.3 million, compared with a loss of CHF 1.44 million reported for the equivalent period a year earlier.
- Profit after extraordinary items and taxes amounted to CHF 3.3 million, compared with a loss of CHF 917,227 incurred in the same period a year earlier.
- Operating expenses decreased by 8% year-on-year and amounted to CHF 11.6 million, as a result of of group structure and marketing approach improvements.
- At the end of the reporting period, Dukascopy Bank’s total assets amount to CHF 187.25 million, up markedly from CHF 177.8 million a year earlier.
After the successful acquisition of Alpari Japan earlier this year, Dukascopy is not stemming its enthusiasm on the mergers and acquisitions front. It announced today that it is planning to expand its presence in Australia, South Korea, South Africa and Canada via the full or partial acquisitions of Forex brokers.
Small-medium size licensed FX brokers incorporated in these jurisdictions are welcome to contact Dukascopy Bank.
To view Dukascopy’s full financial report for H1 2015, click here.