LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Global exchanges operator Bats Global Markets, Inc. (BATS:BATS), today reported June data and highlights, including record market share for its U.S. Options business. Bats reported 11.7% U.S. Options market share, up from 9.7% a year ago, and was also the market leader in single-leg equity options trades with 19.0% market share, a new record for the company. Additional Bats highlights for June include:
• Remaining the #1 U.S. market operator for ETF trading, executing 24.9% of all May volume, and winning 29% of all U.S. ETF listings so far this year;
• Maintaining its position as the second-largest U.S. Equities market operator with 20.3% market share;
• Retaining its position as the largest European stock exchange with 22.9% market share and the largest trade reporting facility with €428.8 billion reported to BXTR for the month;
• Successfully launching a UK-focused benchmark index series on June 13. Bats launched 18 different indices covering large and small cap securities and 12 industry sectors;
• Recording average daily volume of $28.8 billion for Hotspot, the company’s institutional spot foreign exchange market;
• Recording more than $119 billion of notional value per day touched by the Bats markets in June, including trades reported to BXTR.
U.S. EQUITIES: Bats Exchanges (BYX, BZX, EDGA, EDGX) Volume & Market Share
- During June, the BZX Exchange ranked 1st or 2nd in quality of trading in 43% of the
stocks in the S&P 500® Index, as measured by effective spread, according to the Bats
market quality statistics.
- Combined, the Bats Exchanges had the lowest effective spread in 58% of the top
50 exchange-traded products in June
FOREIGN EXCHANGE: Hotspot Highlights, Volume & Market Share Statistics
- Average daily volume traded on Hotspot’s London-area matching engine was $1.7
billion, equating to 5.7% of overall volume available on the platform, a new record.
- On June 14, Bats Hotspot announced plans to launch outright forwards for the FX
market later this year.
EUROPEAN EQUITIES: Bats Europe + BXTR Volume & Market Share
- According to Bats statistics on market size, 38.0% of all equity transactions in
Europe (either traded on exchange or OTC) touched Bats’ systems in June.