LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The release of the new HTML5 frontend represents a big step for AlgoTrader
AlgoTrader, a Swiss based company who provides algorithmic trading software that supports multiple markets and instruments to facilitate a broad range of trading strategies released its new HTML 5 based frontend which includes an array of great new features per the following:
- Live Market Data updated in real-time.
- Tables showing current Orders, Market Data Subscriptions, Positions, and Transactions, so all the information you need is visible on one screen, allowing you to make quick decisions.
- All tables provide (multicolumn) sorting, grouping, filtering, column selection, and scrolling.
- Highly interactive Order Placement Form with full-text search for instruments and configurable order presets, so any type of order can be placed quickly with a minimal number of clicks.
- Configurable Tiles located at the top of the screen showing general figures (like NetLiqValue, Unrealized P&L, Cash, etc.) to give you a summary of the financial state of the system.
- Selectable View (either an aggregated view over the entire system or a strategy-specific view) so you can focus on the items you are most interested in without becoming distracted by others.
- Separate menu for general management functions of the system that are less frequently used.
- All items are automatically updated in real-time based on live market data, so there is no waiting or need to refresh manually.
- Supports multiple currencies and automatic currency conversion.
- Display of Alarms and Notifications in case something unexpected happens so you can take immediate action, if necessary.
- Since the new frontend is based on HTML 5, it can easily be integrated into corporate IT infrastructures using firewalls, VPNs, and remote locations.
The new AlgoTrader frontend also comes with the highly interactive TradingView chart library:
- TradingView has regular and advanced chart types; each one helps analyze the market at a different angle (e.g., Bars, Line, Candles, Renko, Area, etc.).
- TradingView comes with a massive library of over 100 prebuilt technical indicators for an in-depth market analysis, covering the most popular trading concepts and indicators (e.g., ATR, Bollinger Bands, Chaikin, CCI, Donchian, Keltner, MACD, Exponential Moving Average, Parabolic SAR, RSI, etc.).
- Pine script allows you to create and share your own custom indicators. A key advantage of Pine script is that any indicators’ code can easily be modified.
- Drawing tools help you understand what stock prices are doing and track how your predictions turn out. You can write on your chart or do freehand drawings, drag simple trend lines from A to B, apply the widespread Fibonacci and Gann tools, or apply the popular Elliot Waves.
- Comparing a stock to the benchmark index is a great way to gauge its performance – to see if it’s doing better or worse than the industry. TradingView lets you compare any stock to any index or any other stock based on % change since the starting point.
- It’s often useful to search for relationships between different stocks – do they move in tandem or always in opposite directions? With TradingView, you can look at different stocks on the same chart, even if one trades at $100 and another is a penny stock.
- TradingView lets you set the price scales to match your type of analysis. There are linear, percent, and log axes for drastic price movements. You can even use two separate price scales at the same time: one for indicators and one for price movements.
Our new frontend is based on the following technologies/architectures:
- HTML 5
- TradingView Chart component
- STOMP over WebSockets
- RESTful Web services
For more information on the release click here.
Latest research from Mike Fox (see all)
- PFSOFT’s multi-asset platform now supports bond trading - November 3, 2016
- Dukascopy launches EUR/RUB currency pair for trading - November 3, 2016
- Moscow Exchange Forex volumes dip 6.1% MoM - November 2, 2016
- Blackwell Global hikes margin requirements by 2x, 3x for Presidential Election - November 2, 2016