LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
One of the major online trading services provider in the United States – Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:IBKR), has just published its key operating metrics for February 2016, with the data showing a decline in trading activity in comparison with strong January levels.
The number of daily average revenue trades (DARTs) fell in monthly terms. However, the number of client accounts kept climbing, registering a 1% month-on-month rise.
Below are the highlights for February 2016:
- The number of Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs) amounted to 767,000, up 21% from February 2015 and down 8% from January 2016 levels.
- Ending client equity amounted to $66.1 billion, 10% higher than prior year and 2% higher than prior month.
- Ending client margin loan balances of $14.6 billion, 12% lower than prior year and 5% lower than prior month.
- Ending client credit balances of $36.9 billion, 17% higher than prior year and 3% higher than prior month.
- The number of client accounts amounted to 340,000, up 17% than in February 2015 and up 1% from January 2016.
- 527 annualized average cleared DARTs per client account.
- Average commission per cleared client order of $3.78 including exchange, clearing and regulatory fees.
You can view the full press release from Interactive Brokers by clicking here.