LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) an automated global electronic broker and market maker, today reported its Electronic Brokerage monthly performance metrics for September.
DARTs were higher in September as trading looks to pick up from August. Interactive Brokers also saw rises YoY and MoM in client accounts, with the global brokerage house now handling 370,000 client accounts.
As industry people and traders know, the brokerage shut down its U.S. retail margin FX trading business in light of new NFA regulations back in August.
Highlights for the month included:
- 651 thousand Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs), 2% lower than prior year and 13% higher than prior month.
- Ending client equity of $82.7 billion, 33% higher than prior year and 3% higher than prior month.
- Ending client margin loan balances of $18.1 billion, 15% higher than prior year and 11% higher than prior month.
- Ending client credit balances of $42.0 billion, 20% higher than prior year and 1% higher than prior month.
- 370 thousand client accounts, 15% higher than prior year and 1% higher than prior month.
- 413 annualized average cleared DARTs per client account.
- Average commission per cleared client order of $3.93 including exchange, clearing and regulatory fees.