LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:IBKR), a major provider of online trading services in the United States, has just published its electronic brokerage metrics for December 2015.
Continuing a trend already observed in the fall of last year, the broker saw daily average revenue trades (DARTS) decline by further 2% from levels seen in November 2015, a month that was rather slow. On the brighter side, the number of client accounts edged up in both annual and monthly terms.
Below are the highlights for December 2015:
- Daily average revenue trades (DARTs) amounted to 628,000, 6% higher than prior year and 2% lower than prior month.
- Ending client equity amounted to $67.4 billion, 19% higher than in December 2014 and flat to prior month.
- Ending client margin loan balances of $17.0 billion, 1% higher than prior year and 3% higher than prior month.
- Ending client credit balances of $36.7 billion, 17% higher than prior year and 1% lower than prior month.
- Client accounts amounted to 331,000, 18% higher than prior year and 1% higher than prior month.
- 436 annualized average cleared DARTs per client account.
- Average commission per cleared client order of $3.88 including exchange, clearing and regulatory fees.
You can view the full announcement from Interactive Brokers by clicking here.