After a rather slow December, Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:IBKR), a major provider of online trading services in the United States, saw a steep increase in trading activity in the first month of the new year.
The company has just reported the operating metrics for its electronic brokerage division for January 2016, with daily average revenue trades (DARTs) registering a double-digit rise in both monthly and annual terms. Adding to the positive news, the number of client accounts also staged an increase on a monthly and on an annual basis.
Below are the highlights for January 2016:
- The number of Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs) reached 830,000, 23% higher than prior year and 32% higher than prior month.
- Ending client equity of $64.8 billion, 14% higher than prior year and 4% lower than prior month.
- Ending client margin loan balances of $15.3 billion, 7% lower than prior year and 10% lower than prior month.
- Ending client credit balances of $35.8 billion, 17% higher than prior year and 2% lower than prior month.
- 335,000 client accounts, 17% higher than prior year and 1% higher than prior month.
- 575 annualized average cleared DARTs per client account.
- Average commission per cleared client order of $3.90 including exchange, clearing and regulatory fees.
To view the detailed announcement from Interactive Brokers, click here.