LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
After reporting record trading volumes throughout Q1, multibank FX aggregation service FXSpotStream has announced that May volumes totaled $645.4 billion, a record for the company.
Average daily volumes of $28.1 billion were slightly off FXSpotStream’s record in that regard, $28.8 billion set in February 2018 (but as February had 3 fewer trading days, total volumes in February were not as large as in May).
Some of the results to note at FXSpotStream included:
- Overall volume MoM (May ’18 vs April ’18) increased 25.2%.
- Overall volume YoY (May ’18 vs May ’17) increased 60.8%.
- ADV in May MoM (May vs April ’18) increased 14.3% – the 2nd highest ADV on record at USD28.061 billion.
- ADV YoY (May ’18 vs May ’17) increased 60.8% – continuing an ADV increase of over 40% YoY every month so far in 2018.
- ADV for first 5 months of the year is up 48.8% when compared to the same time last year.
||Total Volume*||Avg Daily Volume (ADV)||ADV Change MoM
||ADV Change YoY||Trading Days|
FXSpotStream is a bank owned consortium operating as a market utility, providing the infrastructure that facilitates a multibank API and GUI to route trades from clients to Liquidity Providers. FXSpotStream provides liquidity from 13 leading global banks – BofA Merrill Lynch, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, BNP Paribas, Citi, Commerzbank AG, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Standard Chartered, State Street and UBS.