Multibank FX aggregation service FXSpotStream has reported figures indicating that August 2018 volumes were up slightly from July on an average daily volume basis, and due to having more trading days in August surpassed the company’s previous best-ever month in terms of total trading volumes.
Overall, FXSpotStream supported $652.4 billions of volumes in August, versus $609.7 billion in July and also topping the $645.4 billion of volumes from May. On an ADV basis, FXSpotStream saw $28.4 billion of daily activity in its system during August, up 2% from July’s $27.7 billion. Best ever at FXSpotStream was June’s $30.4 billion ADV.
Some of the results to note at FXSpotStream included:
- FXSpotStream continued its robust volume growth in August registering a Year on Year increase of 47.6%
- A new Service overall volume record was set with USD652 billion supported in August vs USD610 billion in July
- On a Year on Year basis, volume on an Overall and ADV basis has increased over 40% every single month during 2018
- August ADV reached USD28.365 billion, a 2.4% Month on Month increase over July
- August’s ADV of USD28.365 billion represents an increase of 47.6% over August 2017 ADV of USD19.2 billion
- FXSpotStream YoY Growth contributed to a total of USD4.823 trillion transacted on the Service, an increase of 49.7% when compared to the same period in 2017
||Total Volume*||Avg Daily Volume (ADV)||ADV Change MoM
||ADV Change YoY||Trading Days|
* Volumes in USD millions, single count, for all streaming and matching products.
FXSpotStream is a bank owned consortium operating as a market utility, providing the infrastructure that facilitates a multibank API and GUI to route trades from clients to Liquidity Providers. FXSpotStream provides liquidity from 13 leading global banks – BofA Merrill Lynch, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, BNP Paribas, Citi, Commerzbank AG, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Standard Chartered, State Street and UBS.