LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Swiss interdealer broker Compagnie Financiere Tradition SA (SWX:CFT) earlier today published its final metrics for the first half of 2015, with the results confirming the picture painted by the solid preliminary metrics for the period.
The profit and revenues for the first six months of 2015 staged a rise, in the face of varying market environment and continued investments in technology. Moreover, the group boasted a strong rise in revenues at its Japanese retail Forex business gaitame.com.
Let’s examine the particular metrics:
- Consolidated revenues for the first six months amounted to CHF 426.6 million against CHF 425.4 million in the first half of 2014, marking a rise of 0.3% at current exchange rates or 1.1% in constant currencies. On the downside, after a first quarter rise of 2.8% compared with the equivalent period last year, consolidated revenue decreased 0.8% at constant exchange rates during the second quarter.
- The Group’s adjusted consolidated revenue was CHF 457.2 million compared with CHF 452.3 million in the first half of 2014, marking a rise of 2.2% at constant exchange rates.
- Revenue from the online forex trading platform for retail investors in Japan, Gaitame.com, increased by massive 64.5% at constant exchange rates compared with the first half of 2014.
- Reported operating profit rose 35.6% year-on-year in constant currencies to CHF 35.9 million.
- Operating profit from Gaitame.com amounted to CHF 3.9 million in the first half of 2015, up from CHF 1.1 million reported for the equivalent period a year ago.
- Consolidated net profit was CHF 25 million compared with CHF 18 million in the first half of 2014, with a Group share of CHF 21.8 million against CHF 16.4 million in H1 2014. This translates into an increase of 36.7% at constant exchange rates.
To view the official press release by Tradition, click here.