LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
In Swissquote’s Tuesday short term technical trading report, the research team outlines the major technical levels of popular currency instruments with forecasts, below is the outline for USD/JPY and GBP/USD. Download the full report by clicking here.
USD/JPY: Unimpressive bounce thus far
- USD/JPY has strengthened but bearish pressures remain. Last week, the hourly support at 101.72 was broken. Another minor support lies at 101.32, while a key support stands at 101.07. Hourly support can be found at 102.00 (07/08/2014 low) and resistance is located 102.46 (07/08/2014 high).
- A long-term bullish bias is favoured as long as the key support 99.57 (19/11/2013 low) holds. However, a break to the upside out of the current consolidation phase between 100.76 (04/02/2014 low) and 103.02 is needed to resume the underlying bullish trend. Another resistance can be found at 104.13 (04/04/2014 high), while a major resistance stands at 110.66 (15/08/2008 high).
GBP/USD: Unable to stage a recovery rally
- GBP/USD remains weak, as can be seen by the continued development of new lows (1.6775 intraday). Bullish rallies quickly lose momentum. A break of the resistance at 1.6893 (01/08/2014 high) is needed to suggest exhaustion in short term selling pressures. Another resistance can be found at 1.6955 (30/07/2014 high).
- In the longer term, the break of the major resistance at 1.7043 (05/08/2009 high) calls for further strength. Resistances can be found at 1.7332 (see the 50% retracement of the 2008 decline) and 1.7447 (11/09/2008 low). A key support stands at 1.6693 (29/05/2014 low, see also the 200 day moving average).
Latest research from Mike Fox (see all)
- PFSOFT’s multi-asset platform now supports bond trading - November 3, 2016
- Dukascopy launches EUR/RUB currency pair for trading - November 3, 2016
- Moscow Exchange Forex volumes dip 6.1% MoM - November 2, 2016
- Blackwell Global hikes margin requirements by 2x, 3x for Presidential Election - November 2, 2016