LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Stop orders are now available on Coinbase Exchange, Coinbase has just announced.
Stop orders enable customers to buy or sell bitcoin at a specified price. This order type helps traders protect profits, limit losses, and also initiate new positions when the market breaks out.
To place a stop order on Coinbase Exchange, traders have to:
- Sign in to Coinbase Exchange;
- Select the STOP tab on the orders panel;
- Choose whether they want to place a “Buy” or “Sell” stop order;
- Enter the amount of bitcoin they want to buy or sell;
- Set the price at which they want to trigger the order;
- Click the “Place Buy Stop” or “Place Sell Stop” to place the order.
Once submitted, stop orders are immediately visible on the open orders panel and can be cancelled by clicking the “X” in the status column. Customers using programmatic or automated trading strategies can also place stop orders via the STOP ORDER endpoint in the Coinbase Exchange API.
For the announcement from Coinbase, click here.
Latest research from Maria Nikolova (see all)
- TradingView adds one-click alerts and orders - May 19, 2016
- ICE to bring new funds rate futures contract to market in late 2016 - May 19, 2016
- LCH’s SwapClear compresses more than $1 quadrillion of cleared notional - May 19, 2016
- Darwinex launches new feature allowing traders to hide strategies - May 19, 2016