LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Rakuten Securities, the new parent company of FXCM Japan and FXCM Asia, has earlier today posted its key financial metrics for the first nine months of its fiscal year to March 31, 2016.
The reporting period, which comprises the nine months to December 31, 2015, was quite active for Rakuten Securities, part of Rakuten Inc (TYO:4755), as it was during this period that the Japanese online trading provider expanded through the acquisitions of FXCM Japan and FXCM Asia.
In a note accompanying the results for the nine-month period, Rakuten says:
FXCM Japan Securities Co. Ltd. has been a consolidated subsidiary of Rakuten Securities, Inc. since April 1, 2015. As of August 1, 2015, Rakuten Securities, Inc. became the surviving company under an absorption-type merger, and therefore FXCM Japan Securities Co. Ltd. has been excluded from consolidation. However, the operating results from April 1 to July 31, 2015 have been consolidated in the statement of income. In addition, the acquisition of FXCM Asia Limited has been completed on September 11, 2015 and its financial statements have been consolidated since the second quarter ended September 30, 2015.
Below you can see the highlights for the nine months to December 31, 2015:
- Operating revenues amounted to JPY 39.64 billion ($335 million), up 20% from the corresponding period a year earlier.
- Net operating revenues totalled JPY 37.82 billion, up 18.2% from the corresponding period in 2014.
- Operating income amounted to JPY 16.93 billion, up 16.6% from the equivalent period in 2014.
- Ordinary income totalled JPY 17 billion, up 15.8% from the equivalent period in 2014.
- Net income was JPY 10.34 billion, up 10.7% from the same period in 2014.
To view the full announcement from Rakuten on its financial metrics for the nine months to December 31, 2015, click here.