LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
U.K.-based HiFX, the fast-growing provider of online international payments and foreign exchange services, and a subsidiary of Euronet Worldwide, Inc. (Nasdaq:EEFT), announces its entry into North America. HiFX will bring its global payments expertise, innovative financial technology and highly tailored customer service to the billion-dollar U.S. and Canadian currency exchange market.
Headquartered in Buena Park, California, with offices in Toronto, HiFX North America will provide both businesses and consumers with unmatched international money transfer capabilities:
- Global coverage – 400+ currency pairs to over 220 countries and territories
- Highly competitive exchange rates and low fees online or over the phone
- Experienced FX professionals who provide a level of support beyond typical bank capabilities
- A range of transaction alternatives including forward contracts and market orders
- Feature rich online services including rate alerts, charting tools, payment tracking and customizable access rights
- Advanced Norton Security used by 97 of the world’s top 100 banks
“HiFX was founded over 20 years ago, out of frustration with the mainstream banks and credit unions, and international payments is our sole focus,” according to Jeff Matheson, Managing Director – HiFX North America. “Because of our scale and investment in technology, we don’t have the unnecessary overhead costs of the banks and can pass these savings on to our customers.”
“We provide today’s smart businesses and consumers with what they really need,” continued Matheson, “Deep international payments expertise, an easy to use online platform and levels of customer service that are unlike any other financial institution.”
HiFX is backed by the financial strength of Euronet Worldwide Inc., a leading global provider of secure electronic financial transactions. In 2014, Euronet posted annual revenues of approximately $1.7 billion and serves customers in approximately 165 countries. Euronet’s money transfer segment includes HiFX, XE.com, and Ria, which together comprise the third largest money-transfer business in the world.
For the official release, click here.