LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Earlier today, the Futures Financial Association of Japan (FFAJ) announced the monthly operating metrics of its members that offer Forex and binary options trading over the counter. The data for June 2015 provided a nice piece of news for both segments of online trading, as Forex volumes and binary options volumes showed a robust rise from somewhat subdued levels recorded in May this year.
Let’s look at the particular numbers, starting with the Forex segment.
- A total of 56 members of FFAJ submitted their OTC Forex reports for June 2015 with the regulator.
- The data showed that their OTC retail Forex margin trading volumes amounted to JPY 529 trillion ($4.29 trillion), up massive 24.8% from the JPY 424 trillion recorded in May 2015.
- For sake of comparison, FFAJ refers to numbers for on-exchange Forex trading too. Let’s note that June Forex volumes on the Tokyo Financial Exchange were 34.5% higher than in May 2015.
- The three most traded currency pairs OTC remain the same: USD/JPY, EUR/USD and EUR/JPY. The sharpest month-on-month rise in trading volumes was registered by EUR/JPY – whooping 50.8%.
And now let’s examine binary options statistics for June 2015.
- A total of 8 members of FFAJ submitted data about their OTC binary options trading volumes.
- Binary options trading volumes amounted to JPY 44.12 billion in June 2015, up 5% from May 2015 levels and up 14.5% from levels registered in June 2014.
- Trading payment also grew. It amounted to JPY 19.44 billion in June 2015, up 6.2% from the result registered in May 2015.
- The number of active accounts, however, fell slightly (0.9%) in monthly terms from 14,227 in May 2015 to 14,100 in June 2015.
To download the report on OTC Forex volumes for June 2015, click here.
To download the report on binary options volumes for June 2015, click here.