LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Earlier today, the Futures Financial Association of Japan (FFAJ) published the monthly operating metrics of its members that offer Forex and binary options trading over the counter for August 2015.
The Forex and binary options segments displayed somewhat different results last month, with Forex volumes growing from July 2015 levels, whereas binary options volumes fell slightly.
As usual, we kick off the review with the Forex segment metrics.
- A total of 55 members of FFAJ filed their OTC Forex reports for August 2015 with the regulator. That is lower when compared with the 56 companies reporting in July 2015.
- The data showed that their OTC retail Forex margin trading volumes amounted to JPY 491.6 trillion ($4.08 trillion), up 2.5% from the JPY 479.3 trillion recorded in July 2015.
- The three most traded currency pairs OTC were: USD/JPY, EUR/USD and AUD/JPY. The steepest month-on-month increase in trading volumes was registered by ZAR/JPY (+38.5%).
And now let’s examine the binary options statistics for August 2015.
- A total of 8 members of FFAJ reported data about their OTC binary options trading volumes for last month – the same number as in July 2015.
- Binary options trading volumes amounted to JPY 48.73 billion in August 2015, broadly unchanged from July 2015 levels but down 29% from levels registered in August 2014.
- Trading payment fell in monthly terms. It amounted to JPY 23.7 billion in August 2015, down 2.9% from the result registered in July 2015.
- The number of active accounts also staged a drop, amounting to 14,414 at the end of August 2015, down from 14,642 at the end of July 2015.
To download the report on OTC Forex volumes for August 2015, click here.
To download the report on binary options volumes for August 2015, click here.