LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR) an automated global electronic broker and market maker, today reported its Electronic Brokerage monthly performance metrics for August.
The summer trading lull hit the multi-asset brokerage house in the same manner volumes have come in weak across the board so far in August for FX platforms and brokers as volume reports starting to trickle in today.
Interactive Brokers made news in the Forex world last month when as required by the new SEC law banning broker-dealers from also acting as retail forex dealers, discontinued its retail margin spot forex trading offering for U.S. clients, only serviced now for institutional qualified investors.
Highlights for the month included:
- 576 thousand Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs), 22% lower than prior year and 4% lower than prior month.
- Ending client equity of $80.4 billion, 28% higher than prior year and 5% higher than prior month.
- Ending client margin loan balances of $16.3 billion, even with prior year and 3% higher than prior month.
- Ending client credit balances of $41.6 billion, 17% higher than prior year and 1% higher than prior month.
- 365 thousand client accounts, 15% higher than prior year and 1% higher than prior month.
- 370 annualized average cleared DARTs per client account.
Average commission per cleared client order of $3.77 including exchange, clearing and regulatory fees. Key products: Futures include options on futures. IB estimates exchange, clearing and regulatory fees to be 57% of the futures commissions.