Earlier today, the Futures Financial Association of Japan (FFAJ) published the monthly operating metrics of its members that offer Forex and binary options trading over the counter for September 2015.
The Forex and binary options segments displayed different results last month, with Forex volumes increasing from August 2015 levels, whereas binary options volumes continued to decline.
As usual, we start the review of the metrics by looking at the Forex segment.
- A total of 55 members of FFAJ filed their OTC Forex reports for September 2015 with the regulator. That is the same number as in August.
- The data showed that their OTC retail Forex margin trading volumes amounted to JPY 547.8 trillion ($4.59 trillion), up 11.4% from the JPY 491.6 trillion recorded in August 2015.
- The three most traded currency pairs OTC were: USD/JPY, EUR/USD and AUD/JPY – the same as in the preceding month. The steepest month-on-month rise in trading volumes was registered by USD/JPY (+24%).
And now let’s examine the binary options statistics for September 2015.
- A total of 8 members of FFAJ reported data about their OTC binary options trading volumes for last month – the same number as in August 2015.
- Binary options trading volumes amounted to JPY 45.97 billion in September 2015, down 5.7% from August 2015 levels and down 20% from levels registered in September 2014.
- Trading payment fell markedly in monthly terms. It amounted to JPY 18.7 billion in September 2015, down 21% from the result registered in August 2015.
- The number of active accounts also staged a drop, amounting to 14,198 at the end of September 2015, down from 14,414 at the end of August 2015.
To download the report on OTC Forex volumes for September 2015, click here.
To download the report on binary options volumes for September 2015, click here.