The Irish Stock Exchange (ISE) has published its review of 2016 which shows a growth in listings to over 35,000 securities on the ISE’s markets. Trading statistics also show that equity market activity reached record levels in what was a volatile year for global capital markets.
Here are some of the highlights:
- ISE bond listings grow by 7% to reach over 29,000 debt securities
- ISE attracts 1,041 new fund listings retaining #1 position for funds listing globally
- New equity listings from Venn Life Sciences, Draper Esprit and Dalata Hotel Group
- 11 listed companies raise €513m from international investors
- Equity trading reaches record levels with 6.6m transactions during the year (+17.4%)
- #IPOready companies graduate from ISE leadership programme
Deirdre Somers, Irish Stock Exchange, CEO commented:
Our core businesses performed well in 2016. Our bond listing figures grew by over 7% to over 29,000 debt securities. We are considered by international investment managers to be the global centre of choice for fund listing and launched two new services for funds. Trading activity was strong and we continue to be the leading liquidity pool for Irish shares despite competition from across Europe.
We are delighted with the success we achieved from our inaugural #IPOready programme and we are looking forward to welcoming ambitious companies to #IPOready 2017. We anticipate that our business will continue to expand in 2017 and look forward to commencing work on our landmark new headquarters which will facilitate this growth. While Brexit has created considerable uncertainty, it has also created significant opportunities for the ISE and the wider Irish financial services industry. We are confident that the ISE is entering 2017 in a strong position to make the most of these opportunities.
To see the Irish Stock Exchange year in a more detailed review, click here for their annual infographic.