LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:IBKR), a major US online trading services provider, has just reported its operating metrics for October 2015.
In tune with what we have so far seen from the rest of the industry, trading activity in October 2015 lagged behind levels seen in September 2015. Interactive Brokers’ data from today shows that daily average revenue trades (DARTs) fell 1% from already subdued results seen in September 2015.
On the brighter side, the number of client accounts was robust, staging a small rise of 1% month over month and a more pronounced rise of 18% year over year.
Below are the highlights for October 2015:
- Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs) amounted to 655,000, down 4% from October 2014 and 1% lower than in September 2015.
- Ending client equity of $66.5 billion, 19% higher than prior year and 7% higher than prior month.
- Ending client margin loan balances of $15.5 billion, 8% lower than prior year and 2% lower than prior month.
- Ending client credit balances of $36.0 billion, 18% higher than prior year and 3% higher than prior month.
- The number of client accounts reached 326,000, 18% higher than prior year and 1% higher than prior month.
- 461 annualized average cleared DARTs per client account.
- Average commission per cleared client order of $3.70 including exchange, clearing and regulatory fees.
To view the full announcement from Interactive Brokers on its October 2015 metrics, click here.