LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Highlights for the month included:
- 577 thousand Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs), 21% higher than prior year and 17% higher than prior month.
- Ending customer equity of $54.9 billion, 33% higher than prior year and 1% lower than prior month.
- Ending customer margin loan balances of $17.3 billion, 36% higher than prior year and 4% higher than prior month.
- Ending customer credit balances of $29.7 billion, 21% higher than prior year and 1% higher than prior month.
- 272 thousand customer accounts, 18% higher than prior year and 1% higher than prior month.
- 484 annualized average cleared DARTs per customer account.
- Average commission per cleared customer order of $4.22 including exchange, clearing and regulatory fees. Key products:
Futures include options on futures. We estimate exchange, clearing and regulatory fees to be 57% of the futures commissions.
In the interest of transparency, we quantify our clients’ all-in cost of trade execution below.
- In September, customers’ total cost of executing and clearing U.S. Reg.-NMS stocks through IB was 0.9 basis points of trade money1, as measured against a daily VWAP2 benchmark (1.0 basis point YTD).
The above illustrates that the YTD average all-in cost of a customer U.S. Reg.-NMS stock trade was 1.0 basis point.
Note 1: Trade money is the total amount of money customers spent or received, including all commissions and fees.
Note 2: Consistent with the customers’ trading activity, the computed VWAP benchmark includes extended trading hours.
More information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, click here.