LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Highlights for the month included:
- 577 thousand Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs), 21% higher than prior year and 17% higher than prior month.
- Ending customer equity of $54.9 billion, 33% higher than prior year and 1% lower than prior month.
- Ending customer margin loan balances of $17.3 billion, 36% higher than prior year and 4% higher than prior month.
- Ending customer credit balances of $29.7 billion, 21% higher than prior year and 1% higher than prior month.
- 272 thousand customer accounts, 18% higher than prior year and 1% higher than prior month.
- 484 annualized average cleared DARTs per customer account.
- Average commission per cleared customer order of $4.22 including exchange, clearing and regulatory fees. Key products:
Futures include options on futures. We estimate exchange, clearing and regulatory fees to be 57% of the futures commissions.
In the interest of transparency, we quantify our clients’ all-in cost of trade execution below.
- In September, customers’ total cost of executing and clearing U.S. Reg.-NMS stocks through IB was 0.9 basis points of trade money1, as measured against a daily VWAP2 benchmark (1.0 basis point YTD).
The above illustrates that the YTD average all-in cost of a customer U.S. Reg.-NMS stock trade was 1.0 basis point.
Note 1: Trade money is the total amount of money customers spent or received, including all commissions and fees.
Note 2: Consistent with the customers’ trading activity, the computed VWAP benchmark includes extended trading hours.
More information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, click here.
Latest research from Mike Fox (see all)
- PFSOFT’s multi-asset platform now supports bond trading - November 3, 2016
- Dukascopy launches EUR/RUB currency pair for trading - November 3, 2016
- Moscow Exchange Forex volumes dip 6.1% MoM - November 2, 2016
- Blackwell Global hikes margin requirements by 2x, 3x for Presidential Election - November 2, 2016