IG Group announces launch of its London Mayoral Election Barometer


Online trading services provider IG Group Holdings plc (LON:IGG) is launching the IG London Mayoral Election Barometer, an indicator of what financial traders expect will happen in the London Mayoral Election on May 5, 2016.

The data currently shows IG clients are overwhelmingly forecasting Sadiq Khan will become the next London Mayor, with an 88% chance of success. IG clients give Zac Goldsmith a 12% chance of winning the election.

Also, more than 90% of all trades placed on IG’s London Mayoral binary market have been placed on the Labour candidate, Sadiq Khan.

Mayoral barometer imageThe data is based on the political market IG has developed for clients to trade on which currently covers who will become the next London Mayor. This data will be published at regular intervals as the election gets closer.

IG clients have a solid track record in correctly predicting political events. They accurately forecast a victory for the “No” vote in the Scottish independence referendum from the start of 2014, and also correctly predicted Boris Johnson’s and Barack Obama’s respective 2012 election victories.

Earlier this year, IG announced the launch of its US Presidential Election Barometer, which indicates the expectations of financial traders regarding the November 2016 presidential election in the United States.

You can view the official announcement from IG on the launch of the London Mayoral Election Barometer by clicking here.

Related News

arrow

IG Group announces launch of its London Mayoral Election Barometer

6

Send this to a friend