LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Japanese online trading services provider GMO Click Securities, part of GMO Click Holdings Inc (TYO:7177), has just posted its operating metrics for January 2016, with both over-the-counter Forex volumes and on-exchange trading volumes registering a steep rise from December 2015 levels.
Let’s examine the particular results for January 2016:
- GMO Click reported OTC Forex volumes of JPY 123.42 trillion ($1.03 trillion) for January 2016, up 59.3% from the result reported for December 2015. The reading for the first month of 2016 was, however, 12.4% lower than the result of JPY 140.9 trillion seen in January 2015.
- The number of FX Neo accounts continued to grow and reached 429,887 at the end of January 2016.
- The number of contracts traded on Click365, the on-exchange FX margin trading service, amounted to 659,498, up 29.1% in monthly terms and up 26% in annual terms.
GMO Click’s OTC Forex volumes (red line). Unit: trillion yen
You can find out details about GMO Click’s operating metrics by clicking here.
Latest research from Maria Nikolova (see all)
- TradingView adds one-click alerts and orders - May 19, 2016
- ICE to bring new funds rate futures contract to market in late 2016 - May 19, 2016
- LCH’s SwapClear compresses more than $1 quadrillion of cleared notional - May 19, 2016
- Darwinex launches new feature allowing traders to hide strategies - May 19, 2016