Gain Capital expands Futures business, buys GAA and Top Third


GAA and Top Third will continue as separate brands, with their management teams in place.

Forex broker Gain Capital (NYSE:GCAP), which runs the Forex.com and Gain GTX brands, has announced the acquisition of two companies which operate in the Futures space — Global Asset Advisors (“GAA”) and Top Third Ag Marketing (“Top Third”).

Chicago-based GAA operates Daniels Trading, an independent futures brokerage firm. The acquisition extends a longstanding commercial relationship between GAIN Capital and GAA, as Daniels Trading is currently the largest introducing broker to Gain Capital’s futures business. Top Third helps clients use options-based hedging strategies to manage the risks of producing agricultural products.

Gain Capital formally bought 55% majority ownership of each of the companies, with an option to buy the other 45%. Other financial terms of the acquisitions were not released.

Much of Gain Capital’s growth recently has been with institutional traders, and this acquisition is certainly in theme. More than 70% of Gain Capital volumes are with institutional traders.

To see the full Gain Capital press release click here.

For more on the global Forex industry see the LeapRate-Dow Jones Forex Industry Report.

Related News

arrow

Gain Capital expands Futures business, buys GAA and Top Third

0

Send this to a friend

Subscribe to LeapRate
PGlmcmFtZSBzcmM9Ii93cC1jb250ZW50L2E0bHIvaGFuMTZyZXNfNjI1eDQwMC5odG1sIiB3aWR0aD0iNjI1IiBoZWlnaHQ9IjQwMCIgZnJhbWVib3JkZXI9IjAiIHN0eWxlPSJib3JkZXI6bm9uZTsiIHNlYW1sZXNzPjwvaWZyYW1lPg==
PGlmcmFtZSB3aWR0aD0iNjQwIiBoZWlnaHQ9IjM5NSIgc3JjPSJodHRwczovL3d3dy55b3V0dWJlLmNvbS9lbWJlZC80Mzc5MThJbFc5ST9yZWw9MCZjb250cm9scz0wJnNob3dpbmZvPTAiIGZyYW1lYm9yZGVyPSIwIiBhbGxvdz0iYXV0b3BsYXk7IGVuY3J5cHRlZC1tZWRpYSIgYWxsb3dmdWxsc2NyZWVuPjwvaWZyYW1lPg==
Fill out the form below for more information
for lising in LeapRate's Forex Yellow Pages

Please enter the company name, email address to reach you and phone # (optional):

Please fill out the message field to the right for any questions or special inquiry:
PGlmcmFtZSBzcmM9Imh0dHBzOi8vczMtZXUtd2VzdC0xLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vZW1haWwubG1heHN0YXRpYy5jb20vaHRtbDUvTGVhcHJhdGUvTE1BWERpZ2l0YWwyNTB4OTAvTE1BWERpZ2l0YWw2MDB4NDI1UG9wVXBHcmV5Lmh0bWwiIGZyYW1lYm9yZGVyPSIwIiB3aWR0aD0iNjAwIiBoZWlnaHQ9NDI1Ij48L2lmcmFtZT4=
PGlmcmFtZSBzcmM9Imh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmxlYXByYXRlLmNvbS9hNGxyMTcvdWZ4MTgvNjAweDQyNV8xc3QtVGltZUxlYXBSYXRlLWVuLUdCX0hUTUw1Lmh0bWwiIGZyYW1lYm9yZGVyPSIwIiB3aWR0aD0iNjAwIiBoZWlnaHQ9NDI1Ij48L2lmcmFtZT4=
PGlmcmFtZSBzcmM9Ii8vY2RuLmJhbm5lcnNuYWNrLmNvbS9iYW5uZXJzL2JjaWVod29iOC9lbWJlZC9pbmRleC5odG1sP3VzZXJJZD0zMTU5MzQwNiZ0PTE1MTAxMzg3MTAiIHdpZHRoPSIxMDAlIiBoZWlnaHQ9IjEwMCUiIHNjcm9sbGluZz0ibm8iIGZyYW1lYm9yZGVyPSIwIiBhbGxvd3RyYW5zcGFyZW5jeT0idHJ1ZSIgYWxsb3dmdWxsc2NyZWVuPSJ0cnVlIj48L2lmcmFtZT4=