FXCM Japan Securities, the former subsidiary of Forex giant FXCM Inc (NYSE:FXCM) and now a part of Rakuten Securities, has announced pending changes to the instruments lineup for owners of Premium accounts.
A total of 14 currency pairs will be unavailable for trading starting from the morning of July 24, 2015. All positions with the affected currency pairs that are left open after that date will be closed by the broker.
You can find the list of currency pairs set to go from the trading menu below:
- US dollar / Canadian dollar (USD/CAD);
- Euro / Australian dollar (EUR/AUD);
- Euro / Canadian Dollar (EUR/CAD);
- Australian dollar / Canadian dollar (AUD/CAD);
- British pound / Australian dollar (GBP/AUD);
- Euro / NZ dollar (EUR/NZD);
- British pound/ NZ dollar (GBP/NZD);
- British pound/ Canadian Dollar (GBP/CAD);
- Canadian dollar / Swiss franc (CAD/CHF);
- NZ dollar / Canadian dollar (NZD/CAD);
- US dollar / Turkish lira (USD/TRY);
- US dollar / South African rand (USD/ZAR);
- US Dollar / Hong Kong dollar (USD/HKD);
- Euro / Turkish Lira (EUR/TRY).
Although the company is poised to stop offering two pairs with the Turkish lira – USD/TRY and EUR/TRY, it notes that trading with the Turkish lira vs Japanese yen will still be available. Moreover, FXCM Japan says, the changes apply only to Premium accounts and not to Standard ones.
The move is related to the upcoming transfer of Premium accounts to Rakuten Securities. Although the formal transaction that saw Rakuten acquire FXCM Japan was completed in April, the integration of the services of the two companies continues.
To view the official announcement by FXCM Japan, click here.