LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) today announced the final appointment to the regulator’s Executive Committee, with Georgina Philippou named new Chief Operating Officer.
Ms Philippou has been acting Director for Enforcement and Market Oversight and will take up her new role in November. She has more than 20 years of experience in the area of UK regulation regulation and recently played a decisive role in the FCA’s work on the 40th annual IOSCO Conference in June.
Tracey McDermott, Acting Chief Executive of the Financial Conduct Authority, said:
“Georgina brings a wealth of regulatory experience here and overseas that’s invaluable in ensuring that the FCA is able to operate effectively across all its priorities and objectives. As the demands on the organisation increase, it’s imperative that we prioritise effectively and use our resources in the most efficient manner. Georgina’s extensive experience and wide knowledge of the approaches of international regulators means she is well placed to know what we need to be able to perform and deliver value for money at the level expected by ourselves and by the industry.”
The FCA’s Executive Committee is attended by:
- Acting Chief Executive Officer: Tracey McDermott;
- Chief Operating Officer: Georgina Philippou;
- Director of Enforcement and Market Oversight: Mark Steward;
- Director of Strategy and Competition: Christopher Woolard;
- Director of Supervision – Investment, Wholesale and Specialists: Megan Butler;
- Director of Supervision – Retail and Authorisations: Jonathan Davidson;
- Director of Risk and Compliance Oversight: Barbara Frohn;
- General Counsel: Sean Martin.
The FCA also confirmed that David Godfrey would become Director of Finance and Operations and that Linda Woodall would become Director of Life Insurance and Financial Advice.
To view the official announcement by the FCA, click here.