LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Bats Global Markets, Inc. (Bats: BATS) has reported September data and highlights, including its second-best month on record for its U.S. options business, with 11.7% market share.
Highlights for September include:
- Announcing a transaction agreement with CBOE Holdings under which CBOE will acquire Bats to create one of the largest market operators around the globe.
- Remaining the #1 U.S. market operator for ETF trading, executing 24.7% of all volume during the month. In addition, Bats has won 25% of all new U.S. ETF listings year-to-date vs only 9% for full-year 2015;
- Maintaining its position as the second-largest U.S. Equities market operator with 20.9% market share;
- Retaining its position as the largest European stock exchange with 22.7% market share and the largest trade reporting facility with €347.5 billion reported to BXTR for the month;
- Reporting 15.3% market share in single-leg equity options trades for the month;
- Recording more than $112 billion of notional value per day touched by the Bats markets in September, including trades reported to BXTR.
EUROPEAN EQUITIES: Bats Europe + BXTR Volume & Market Share
- According to Bats statistics on market size, 38.3% of all equity transactions in Europe (either traded on exchange or OTC) touched Bats’ systems in September.
- A total of €305.8 million was traded in the Periodic Auctions book in September with Average Daily Volume totaling €13.9 million.
For the full Bats report, click here.