LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Bats Global Markets, Inc. (Bats: BATS) today reported November data and highlights, including $30.4 billion average daily notional value traded on the Hotspot FX platform, one of the strongest months of 2016 for the segment.
During the month, Bats also announced the successful completion of its acquisition of Javelin SEF, a deal which further broadens the FX instruments available to trade on Hotspot.
Further highlights for November include:
- The acquisition of Bats by CBOE Holdings, Inc. continued to move toward closing
with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission granting early termination of the waiting
period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as
amended. The transaction remains subject to other customary closing conditions.
- Remaining the #1 U.S. market operator for ETF trading, executing 23.4% of all
volume during the month. In addition, Bats has won 25% of all new U.S. ETF listings
year-to-date vs only 9% for full-year 2015;
- Maintaining its position as the second-largest U.S. equities market operator with
20.4% market share;
- Retaining its position as the largest European stock exchange with 22.1% market
share and the largest trade reporting facility with €391.1 billion reported to the
BXTR European trade reporting facility for the month;
- Reaching 11.7% U.S. options market share with strong single-leg equity options
market share of 18.5%.
- Recording more than $121.5 billion of notional value per day touched by the Bats
markets in November, including trades reported to the BXTR.
For the complete Bats monthly volume report, click here.