MGEX, a Designated Contract Market (DCM) and Derivatives Clearing Organization (DCO), has released the results of its fiscal year on Friday, August 31, 2018 at 2,320,880 contracts. September 2017 to August 2018 is now the Exchange’s second best fiscal year.
The 2017-2018 fiscal year was the fifth consecutive year in which MGEX’s total volume has surpassed two million. Additionally, MGEX reports 2017-2018 as the second best fiscal year of all-time for Total Electronic Volume with 2,040,152 contracts traded electronically.
The Exchange is excited to see the strength of volume and open interest continue in the North American Hard Red Spring Wheat contract,” said Mark G. Bagan, President & CEO of MGEX. “This success can be attributed in part to the ever-growing confidence the marketplace has in MGEX and its risk management products.
MGEX reports these other achievements from the 2017-2018 fiscal year:
- Two days entered the Daily Exchange Top-25 Volume records
- Four months welcomed into the Monthly Exchange Top-25 Volume records
- Five months entered the Monthly Electronic Volume Top-25 records
- Three days welcomed into the Daily Electronic Volume Top-25 records
- Three months broke their respective Total Monthly Volume records
- Three months broke their respective Total Electronic Volume records
- One month broke its respective Total Options Volume records