LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Continuing the string of strong FX volume reports we have seen from across the Retail and Institutional trading world for the month of May 2018, retail broker FXCM has announced that its volumes in May were up 15% month-over-month, $212 billion versus $184 billion in April.
We are expecting a (quiet) rebranding of FXCM in the coming weeks. FXCM incorporated the name of its parent company Leucadia into its logo a few months back. However Leucadia recently renamed itself Jefferies Financial Group, reflecting its largest subsidiary, and as such we expect a new logo from FXCM in the near future.
Back to FXCM’s May volume metrics…
- Customer trading volume of $212 billion in May 2018, 15% higher than April 2018 and 0.5% lower than May 2017.
- Average customer trading volume per day of $9.2 billion in May 2018, 6% higher than April 2018 and 1% lower than May 2017.
- An average of 347,138 client trades per day in May 2018, 2% higher than April 2018 and 4% higher than May 2017.
- Active accounts of 110,299 as of May 31, 2018, a decrease of 135, or 0.1%, from April 30, 2018, and a decrease of 17,943, or 14%, from May 31, 2017.
- Tradeable accounts of 95,639 as of May 31, 2018, a decrease of 264, or 0.3%, from April 30, 2018, and a decrease of 13,656, or 12%, from May 31, 2017.