Moscow Exchange (MOEX) just released its monthly market report for the month of July and the trading volume of stocks totalled RUB 714 bln. The average daily trading volume was RUB 34 bln, down 19% MoM. The T+2 sector made up 97% of the total secondary market trading volume and the T0 sector accounted for 3%.
MICEX Index and RTS Index performance:
The MICEX Index was up 2.1% MoM to 1,919.53 at the end of July from 1,879.5 at the end of June. The dollardenominated RTS Index rose by 0.6% to 1,007.14 from 1,000.96. The cash equity market’s capitalisation increased by 0.4% to USD 557.3 bln from USD 555.1 bln.
Monthly changes in blue chips’ closing prices:
The following blue chips were down in July:
- Rostelecom ords, by 8.7% (to RUB 65.15 per share),
- VTB Bank ords, by 6.7% (to RUB 0.05969 per share),
- Rosneft ords, by 3.6% (to RUB 311.3 per share),
- FGC UES ords, by 2.6% (RUB 0.167 per share),
- Lukoil ords, by 2.6% (to RUB 2,797.5 per share),
- Gazprom ords, by 2% (to RUB 116.1 per share),
- Polyus Gold ords, by 1.5% (to RUB 3,909.75 per share).
The following blue chip shares were up in July:
- Surgutneftegas ords, by 3.7% (to RUB 26.62 per share),
- Norilsk Nickel ords, by 10.7% (to RUB 8,930 per share),
- Sberbank ords, by 13% (to RUB 164.53 per share).
Monthly best sellers:
This month’s most traded stocks were Sberbank ords (SBER) with a turnover of RUB 169.6 bln (24% of the total), followed by Gazprom (GAZP) with RUB 102 bln (14%), Norilsk Nickel (GMKN) with RUB 55.4 bln (8%), Lukoil (LKOH) with RUB 36.4 bln (5%), and Alrosa (ALRS) with RUB 36.2 bln (5%). Other securities’ turnover totalled RUB 314.4 bln (44% of the total trading volume).
To see the complete report, click here.