LeapRate's Daily Forex Industry Newsletter
Join now to receive first access to our EXCLUSIVE reports and updates.
Screenshot of a breaking news alert e-mail from Q2 2017
Right after releasing its monthly trading volumes report, Moscow Exchange (MOEX) announced Russian equity and bond indices for the month of July 2017.
The highlights are:
- In July, Moscow Exchange’s Indices reflected the positive trend on the Russian stock market. The MICEX Index was up 2.13% to 1,919.53 (from 1,879.50 on 30 June), while the dollar-denominated RTS Index rose 0.62% to 1,007.14 (from 1,000.96).
- The dollar appreciated 0.78% against the rouble.
- Volatility increased, with the Russian Volatility Index rising 0.40% to 22.64 (from 22.55).
- The most of the key sectors made gains.
- The largest upturn was in Chemicals, the sector index of which rose 6.71%.
- Metals and Mining and Transport climbed a respective 5.93% and 3.90%. The largest fell in Industrials is 3.58%.
- The Blue Chip Index increased 1.63% to 12,345.46 (from 12,146.89).
- The Second Tier Index appreciated 1.86% to 6,652.52 (from 6,530.82). The Broad Market Index rose 2.17% to 1,372.65 (from 1,343.48).
The complete report can be seen here.