Moscow Exchange (MOEX) just released its monthly market report for the month of August and the trading volume of stocks totalled RUB 809 bln.
The average daily trading volume was RUB 35.2 bln, up 3% MoM. The T+2 sector made up 93% of the total secondary market trading volume and the T0 sector accounted for 7%.
The MICEX Index was up 5.4% MoM to 2,022.22 at the end of August from 1,919.5 at the end of July.
The dollar-denominated RTS Index rose by 8.8% to 1,095.84 from 1,007.14. The cash equity market’s capitalisation increased by 6% to USD 590.8 bln from USD 557.3 bln.
Monthly changes in blue chips’ closing prices:
The following blue chips were down in August:
- Rosneft ords, by 2.3% (to RUB 304 per share),
The following blue chip shares were up in August:
- Surgutneftegas ords, by 1.4% (to RUB 27 per share),
- Gazprom ords, by 1.6% (to RUB 117.97 per share),
- Rostelecom ords, by 2.8% (to RUB 67 per share),
- Lukoil ords, by 5.1% (to RUB 2,940 per share),
- FGC UES ords, by 6% (RUB 0.177 per share),
- VTB Bank ords, by 8.2% (to RUB 0.06456 per share),
- Norilsk Nickel ords, by 9.6% (to RUB 9,790 per share),
- Sberbank ords, by 11.5% (to RUB 183.51 per share),
- Polyus Gold ords, by 16.3% (to RUB 4,547 per share)
Monthly best sellers:
This month’s most traded stocks were
- Sberbank ords (SBER) with a turnover of RUB 187.5 bln (23% of the total), followed by
- Gazprom (GAZP) with RUB 78.9 bln (10%),
- Norilsk Nickel (GMKN) with RUB 55.9 bln (87%),
- Otkritie (OFCB) with RUB 50.8 bln and Lukoil (LKOH) with RUB 39.6 bln (5%).
Other securities’ turnover totalled RUB 396.2 bln (49% of the total trading volume).
To see MOEX’ complete report, click here.